What is Manhole Cover?
Before learning about the manhole cover, let's take a look at the manholes. Manholes are pits that are located under the sewer. When the flow flows through the heavy waste will sink into the manhole. It reduces blockages in the water flow.
Manhole cover is simply understood as the cover of open-air manholes on roads or in residential areas, industrial zones, etc. In order to maintain environmental hygiene as well as keep people safe. In particular, in rainy weather, manhole covers will help prevent garbage from clogging the drains.
Size: Depending on the needs of the user, the product usually has different sizes.
Manufacturing: Manhole covers are manufactured according to quality standards.
Material: Cast iron
Manhole Cover Size
Applications of manhole covers in life
- Drainage of rainwater and domestic water in urban areas.
- Block garbage, prevent discarded objects from falling down the drain causing blockage.
- Used in industrial zones, or in wastewater treatment plants.
- Helps to keep pedestrians safe from falling into the sewer.
- Manhole cover made of cast iron with high durability. Cast iron material can withstand large impacts and is not deformed when heavy loads pass through. As a result, the manhole cover always keeps its original shape. Moreover, today the cast iron manhole cover is also manufactured with anti-theft latches, so theft is limited.
- High cost: especially for cast iron.
- Gray cast iron has a lower cost but the quality is not good. Therefore, manhole covers made of this substance often have poor bending strength, are brittle and break easily, and become white when cooled in the mold.
- The manhole cover has a large weight and is difficult to transport, carry, and construct.
The manufacturing process of cast iron manhole covers usually consists of 6 stages
Step 1: Select casting material: require good, clean, low impurity material
Step 2: Prototyping: Based on the design requirements of the customer, the production facilities make samples with aluminum and wood molds first.
Step 3: Creating molds requires good mold material and beautiful designs according to customer requirements.
Step 4: Burning mold and cooking cast iron: this process takes the most time and greatly affects the quality of the product.
Step 5: Pour the mold: After cooking cast iron for 8-10 hours, it can be cast iron. At this time, the worker proceeds to scoop the cast iron into the mold.
Step 6: Finishing: the product after unloading the mold is cleaned of sand and processed and finished.
Manhole covers are classified according to European standards with 4 grades A, B, C, D, E, F
Group 1: Class A, load capacity greater than or equal to 15kN (equivalent to about 1.5 tons, areas where only pedestrians have access).
Group 2: Class B, load capacity greater than or equal to 125kN (equivalent to about 12.5 tons, car parks and pedestrian areas where only occasional vehicular access is likely).
Group 3: Class C, load capacity greater than or equal to 250kN (equivalent to about 25 tons, car parks, forecourts, industrial sites and areas with slow moving traffic. Also in highway locations up to 500mm from the kerb and up to 200mm into the verge, excluding motorways).
Group 4: Class D, load capacity greater than or equal to 400kN (equivalent to about 40 tons,areas where cars and lorries have access, including carriageways, hard shoulders and pedestrian areas).
Group 5: Class A, load capacity greater than or equal to 600kN (equivalent to about 60 tons, areas where high wheel loads are imposed, such as loading areas, docks or aircraft pavements).
Group 6: Class B, load capacity greater than or equal to 900kN (equivalent to about 90 tons, areas where particularly high wheel loads are imposed such as aircraft pavements).
Why choosing us?
Economized price without agent middleman.
Modern manufacturing process and timely delivery service.
Accurate warranty policy, based on international standards.
Top quality products and can be designed and manufactured according to our customer requirement.
- Name: Luong Son Bac One Member Co., Ltd
- Address: 121 Dang Huy Tru, Hoa Minh Ward, Lien Chieu District, Da Nang City, Vietnam
- Email: email@example.com